Subscribe to Archives BBS Member Site.
Purchase Archives BBS Downloadable bondage video.
As a fan of Flickr, the yahoo photographic group, I get a lot of costume ideas. Recently I ran across an image of a woman in a lovely lace dress. I saved it off to the side. I suspect that this was a posting on a fashion or a vintage site, and I’m sorry I can’t remember the source or I would give credit.
This woman is wearing the same dress as Dana, the legendary model:
The comparison is easy, and very obvious. Here is Dana. The fact that she is handcuffed only displays the tell-tale detail of the dress with greater clarity:
The comparison is really obvious, but let’s run through some of the details:
1. The dress is cotton lace, not Dacron or Polyester. Most prisoners are required to wear an artificial fabric, but in the case of a grand young lady, that requirement is sometimes waived.
3. The high stand-up collar is topped with lace, and buttoned in back. The implications of servitude and slavery are explicit.
4. A thin cord is taken around the waist and tied at the bell-button.
5. The sleeves are puffy and this led to the development of cap-puff sleeves that are so popular with young sales-girls of the present day.
6. There is a generous “yoke” over her shoulders, a clear reference when slaves were yoked either for punishment or for carrying packs of goods or water.
7. The 3/4 sleeves leave the wrists uncovered to be bound with thin tight cord and, if the owner feels appropriate, the elbows can also be tied tightly together with a cord so the owned female can endure the restrictions longer.
8. The dress is “back-buttoned”, or buttoned up the back, a typical prison or institution motif reminiscent of a straitjacket.
It’s gratifying to see that someone felt that this dress was special enough to keep for some 35 years since it was first photographed.
If this dress did indeed appear on a vintage site like www.etsy.com or some like, I would have snapped it up immediately!
The beauty and mystery of a woman can be so enhanced by fabulous, timeless clothing. On this page, we see a prime example in this stunning lace dress!
Your on-topic comments are welcome!